Learn Gourmet Cooking in Real Time
21-Day Culinary Certification
Interested in exploring a new career in the plant-based culinary arts, helping the environment, practicing yoga, and striving for optimal wellness—all at the same time? With the Gaia Gourmet Culinary Immersion, you’ll travel to a beautiful destination and spend twenty-one days learning gourmet cooking through hands-on experience. Enjoy delicious, colorful, and decadent vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Expand your kitchen skills to deeply nourish yourself and others . . . while sipping a fabulous glass of local Bordeaux!
In this unique certification retreat, students participate in all aspects of catering a yoga teacher training. The course is based on tried and tested Gaia Gourmet methods and recipes under the guidance of Chef Naga. You’ll gain tools and insight to embark upon a new career in the plant-based culinary arts, such as catering yoga retreats and wellness events or working as a private chef. This program is also a great option if you’d like to join a friend or partner during their yoga course!
Training Details: Exclusive Surroundings, Experiential Eating
Your daily schedule will vary, but expect to spend about 40 hours each week in and around the kitchen. You’ll be cooking from day one—working with the finest natural ingredients to create nutrient-dense gourmet cuisine in a precise, professional environment. The Gaia Gourmet method centers focus and awareness, bringing mindfulness to the kitchen as we lovingly transform our raw materials into a multisensory, communal dining experience. Other highlights include shopping for goods and produce at the best local markets and farms, optional group wellness excursions, and exclusive enjoyment of an exquisite private chateau in southwest France.
The group dining experience not only includes feedback from Chef Naga and your fellow diners, but also interesting discussions about meal preparation and ingredients, nutrition from an Ayurvedic perspective, and cooking for wellness.
Space is limited to five participants per culinary training. This program is appropriate for all levels of skill and experience. We will be offering this training September 5 – 25 and October 4 – 24, 2020 at the breathtaking Château de Labusquière just outside of Toulouse in the southwest of France.
You Will Learn:
How Set up a Plant-Based Kitchen
How to Choose Produce at the Market or Farm
Optimization of Produce Lifespan
The Versatility of Nuts and Seeds: Nut Butters, Vegan Cheeses, and Garnishes
The Ultimate Veg Stock
Breakfast Buffet: Setup and Specialties
Lunch and Dinner Entrees
Soups, Dals, Curries, and Kicharis
Salads and Dressings
Vegan, Gluten-Free Desserts
Gluten-Free Bread Baking
How to Handle Dietary Restrictions, Special Needs, Allergies, and Sensitivities
Problem Solving on the Fly in a Live Kitchen Environment
Menu Planning, including Describing and Announcing Dishes
Scheduling and Time Management
Meal Service (Front and Back of House, including Table Setting and Clearing)
Strategic Kitchen Cleaning
What Does My $2499 Tuition Payment Include?
- 200 Hour Gaia Gourmet Certification upon successful completion of the course
- Hundreds of pages of invaluable knowledge in your Gaia Gourmet Culinary Immersion manual
- Gaia Gourmet apron
- 20 nights in double occupancy luxury chateau accommodations
- 3 incredible, organic Gaia Gourmet vegetarian or vegan meals each on-site day
- Unlimited coffee, an assortment of teas and fresh fruit for snacks
- Self-serve laundry and weekly linen changes
- Full access to magical 30 acre private property including gardens, woodland, swimming pool, and more
- Options to participate in organized group excursions (at additional cost)
- Access to exceptional wine tastings, pairings, and producers (at additional cost)
- Option to take yoga classes (schedule permitting)
- All applicable taxes included in training price
- Three weeks making friends for life with beautiful souls from around the world!