Gaia Gourmet Culinary TrainingLearn the FIne Art of Plant-Based Cuisine
Learn with Us
14-Day or 21-Day Culinary Certification
Interested in exploring a new career in the plant-based culinary arts, helping the environment, practicing yoga, and striving for optimal wellness—all at the same time? With the Gaia Gourmet Culinary Training immersion, you’ll travel to a beautiful destination and spend twenty-one days learning gourmet cooking through hands-on experience. Enjoy delicious, colorful, and decadent vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Expand your kitchen skills to deeply nourish yourself and others . . . while sipping a fabulous glass of Bordeaux in France or Brunello in Italy!
Exclusive Surroundings, Experiential Eating
In this unique certification program, students participate in all aspects of catering a yoga teacher training. The course is based on tried and tested Gaia Gourmet methods and recipes under the guidance of Chef Naga. You’ll gain tools and insight to embark upon a new career in the plant-based culinary arts, such as catering yoga retreats and wellness events or working as a private chef. This program is also a great option if you’d like to join a friend or partner during their yoga course!
cook from day one
With Love, for Health
Your daily schedule will vary, but expect to spend about 40 hours each week in and around the kitchen. You’ll be cooking from day one—working with the finest natural ingredients to create nutrient-dense gourmet cuisine in a precise, professional environment.
In France, Italy or Spain, highlights will include shopping for goods and produce at the best local markets and farms, optional group wellness excursions, and exclusive enjoyment of an exquisite private château or villa. Enough said.
What you’ll learn
The Gaia Gourmet method centers focus and awareness, bringing mindfulness to the kitchen as we lovingly transform our raw materials into a multisensory, communal dining experience. Space is limited to five participants per culinary training. This program is appropriate for all levels of skill and experience.
Click here to see an outline of our Culinary Training Curriculum
You Will Learn:
- How Set up a Plant-Based Kitchen
- Produce 101
- How to Choose Produce at the Market or Farm
- Optimization of Produce Lifespan
- The Versatility of Nuts and Seeds: Nut Butters, Vegan Cheeses, and Garnishes
- The Ultimate Veg Stock
- Spice Combining
- Breakfast Buffet: Setup and Specialties
- Lunch and Dinner Entrees
- Soups, Dals, Curries, and Kicharis
- Salads and Dressings
- Vegan, Gluten-Free Desserts
- Gluten-Free Bread Baking
- Knife Skills
- How to Handle Dietary Restrictions, Special Needs, Allergies, and Sensitivities
- Problem Solving on the Fly in a Live Kitchen Environment
- Menu Planning, including Describing and Announcing Dishes
- Scheduling and Time Management
- Meal Service (Front and Back of House, including Table Setting and Clearing)
- Strategic Kitchen Cleaning
WHAT DOES MY TUITION PAYMENT COVER?
- Gaia Gourmet Certification upon successful completion of the course
- Gaia Gourmet Culinary Training manual
- Gaia Gourmet apron
- 13 or 20 nights in luxury accommodations
- 3 incredible, organic Gaia Gourmet vegetarian or vegan meals each on-site day
- Unlimited coffee, an assortment of teas, and fresh fruit for snacks
- Self-serve laundry and weekly linen changes
- Full access to magical private properties—including gardens, trails, swimming pools, and more
- Options to participate in organized group excursions (at additional cost)
- Access to exceptional wine tastings, pairings, and producers (at additional cost)
- Option to take yoga classes (schedule permitting)
- All applicable taxes
- 2 or 3 weeks making friends for life with beautiful souls from around the world!
Let’s Do This
Easy As 1-2-3
Step 1 - Pick
Choose an amazing location!
Step 2 - Purchase
Pay-in-full up to 60 Days before start date and save $300 or make a $500 deposit to secure your spot!